Thursday, October 20, 2011

Student Protests

If you look at any news from Chile, you will surely see reports from the student protests that have been occurring over the last several months. Here is a link to the Wikipedia article on this subject.

The protests are not happening in the neighborhood that I live in, so no worries, but on Saturday I was out and passed by a school where it was evident that there are problems. From what I’ve heard, some students have not been in school for over four months due to the protests. Most of the protests have been peaceful, but there has been some rioting. Here are the pictures that I took of the gates outside the school. You can see the chairs hanging from the gates…around the corner, there were hundreds of displaced school chairs (I didn’t get a picture of that):




Zack commented recently that he likes the "educational aspect" of my blog, so hopefully those of you who are reading are becoming a bit more cultured and informed, in addition to reading about my life. :)


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment