Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me, Part 2!

Yesterday, I got the best birthday present...Zack arrived! I met him at my hotel at around 10 AM, and then I had to go back to work. We went to lunch together, and then I had to go back to work. Fortunately that gave him a good opportunity to nap and catch up from his airplane-induced sleep deprivation. When I got home from work (and woke him up from his nap) we went to dinner at Patio Bellavista, which is a fun part of town. There are a ton of restaurants and lots to see in Bellavista. Even though we ended up eating pizza for dinner, we did get to see tango dancers on the patio which was neat.

Today, I had to work until 2 PM. While I worked, Zack took a bicycle tour with La Bicleta Verde. Maybe he will agree to be a guest author on the blog to tell you more about it, but from what he tells me it was quite the adventure.

This afternoon we took the metro out to Los Dominicos to do some Christmas shopping. Los Dominicos is an outdoor market with lots of shops and a neat atmosphere. It's a fun area to browse around, and we were pretty productive with our Christmas shopping.



There was an assortment of wildlife on display at the market. Does anyone want a little chick or a peacock for Christmas?!


Spring flowers...so pretty!




There weren't many people there since it was early afternoon on a Friday!


Tonight Zack took me out for my birthday dinner! We went to Baco, which is a French restaurant in Providencia. The food was really good, and the atmosphere was even better. We went all out and each had a glass of wine, an appetizer, entrees, and dessert! When we got back to the hotel, I had lots of birthday cards from home that Zack brought for me. It was so great to have so many nice cards to top off the birthday celebration!

Zack in front of the restaurant


Lots of birthday cards from home!


My sister found an all-Spanish card - it was hilarious! And I love my gift from her...a Trader Joe's cookbook! I can't wait to get home and get back to shopping at my favorite grocery store!


We forgot to get someone to take our picture at dinner, so we had to resort to the automatic timer in the room.


Tomorrow we leave for a weekend in Mendoza, Argentina! We will be sure to update the blog with stories and pictures when we get back. Hope everyone has a great weekend!


Ciao from Kristen and Zack!

No comments:

Post a Comment