Saturday, September 17, 2011

Learning to Blog

My goal is to get my blog set up so that I'm happy with the layout and design before I (or if I) go to Chile. (More on the "if" later.) Not only do I need to get the blog set up to my satisfaction, but I also need to learn all the functionality of the blog. It doesn't seem like blogging is very hard, but I want to be able to easily post pictures and maybe even videos of my time in Chile. I want the blog to not only be a way to keep in touch with friends and family, but also a way for me to document the memories that I make while I'm there.

Now back to the "if." The only reason I say "if I go" and not "when I go" is that I still haven't finalized all the details of the trip with work. There is a lot of paperwork, and most importantly a plane ticket and living accommodations to work out. Things tend to change on a moment's notice in the industry that I'm in. Everything looks like my trip is pretty certain though and I feel pretty confident that I'll be going to Chile.

Now back to learning to blog. I think that no blog is complete without pictures. Photographs really tell your story. They take black and white words and bring them to life. They add color and dimension. I hope to post lots of pictures of my time in Chile, so to make sure that I know how to do this I'm going to give it a little test run right now.

If this works correctly, you'll see a picture of the sweetest pup in the world and a picture of two of the Spanish books that I plan to bring with me to Chile. (FYI - I took these with my cell phone - not sure what the quality will be.)

Sadie - our sweet German Shepherd



If you want to learn Spanish, you'll thank yourself if you pick up a 501 (cinco - cero - uno).



I guess that's all for now. Time to get ready to cheer the Tigers. We play Auburn today at noon and Zack and I will be watching from the comfort of the couch this week!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment