Friday, September 30, 2011

Getting ready for my assignment

It looks like everything is confirmed now for my travel and stay in Santiago. Now I just need to get myself ready to go. This week I got my Hepatitis A shot (recommended for anyone traveling to South America) and also got some software on my computer that I should be able to use to call home. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to download Skype to my work laptop, but this software that they gave me should serve the same purpose assuming the test run tomorrow goes okay. I've also heard that google/gmail has a video chat mechanism?

Big shout out and thank you to my sister Lauren who advised me through my immunizations. I had to get Tetanus (Tdap, I think) and Hepatitis A, but it was very, very nice to have her advice since she is in med school and knows more about those things than I do.

I leave a week from tomorrow (Saturday) - I can't believe it's coming up so soon. I've got plenty to do before I leave, but first and foremost ZACK COMES HOME TOMORROW! Sadie and I have missed him so much while he's been in Europe for work. I'm not sure how much he's missed us though, as he's had some free time to explore Germany and also spend time in the most beautiful city of lights, Paris. Just kidding Zack - I'm sure you missed us but let's be honest, you got a pretty nice trip despite the fact that you had to work.

Oh, I meant to mention that I learned a very important phrase in Spanish today. It should prove to be quite useful for me. "Habla mas despacio, por favor!" (Speak slowly, please!)

And lastly, I had dinner with three of my best friends from Clemson last night - Alyson, Sallie, and Amanda. We went to Chili's, however we really did not pick it based on the fact that I'm going to Chile (my cheesy sense of humor thought it was funny though). We took a few pictures with my Droid:


















Alright, enough blogging for one night. I am trying to finish reading Breaking Dawn (the last book in the Twilight series) before I leave for Chile!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment