Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! (Chilean Style)

Originally, I wasn't all that sad about being out of the country for Thanksgiving. But the closer the holiday got, the more I got to thinking about how much I was going to miss the great meal, the parade, the relaxation, family, and the tradition. So when one of my co-workers told me that a local restaurant in Santiago has a "traditional Thanksgiving dinner" for gringos, I knew that we needed to do it.

Today was business as usual for me. I woke up at 6:30, went to work at 8, and worked until 6:30. It was a strange feeling working on Thanksgiving, but it was nice to know that at the end of the day I would get a "traditional" turkey dinner with my husband. We had reservations to eat at Akarana at 8 tonight, and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal on the terrace of the restaurant. It was definitely a Thanksgiving that we will never forget.

The Traditional Thanksgiving Menu...at 16,500 pesos it was a pretty good deal too!





The food was actually a pretty good interpretation of Thanksgiving dinner, considering the restaurant is owned by a couple from New Zealand and situated in the heart of Santiago, Chile


Dessert was a classic Thanksgiving indulgence...pumpkin and apple pies

We hope everyone in the States had a nice holiday! I have to add that we were very blessed to be able to talk to both our families today! I'm so thankful for the technological capabilities that I have here, including an IP phone, a Blackberry and a webcam. All in all, a great day for Zack and I here in Chile.



Sorry we are a little behind on blogging. Zack will be a guest blogger soon to update on some of his adventures while he's been here, and we also have a lot more to post about Mendoza.



Happy Thanksgiving!!!!



Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment